Fracture and Advanced Material Group
Welcome to Omiya Lab.!
We investigates fracture and strength of advanced materials, which cover wide range of applications, such as automobile, electronic devices, soft actuator, human dynamics, sport injuries, space elevator and so on.
"Material" is the origin of all products!
- Measurements of fracture toughness for metals, polymers and composites
- Fracture envelope of adhesive joints for automobile application
- Fatigue life prediction
- Numerical simulation for crack propagation
- Ionic Polymer Metal Composite actuators
- Polymer based soft actuators
LOAD Transfer analysis
- Load path analysis during car crash
- Optimum structure design
- Head protector for JUDO
- Biomechanical simulation
- Numerical simulation of tether dynamics
- Optimum control design for space elevator
We welcome all students from all over the world. It is nice opportunity to be with you
in Keio university. If you are interested in, please feel free to contact us.
More than 60 students have graduated from Omiya Lab.
Alumni show great activity in all fields and they keep good connections.
Every autumn, we have alumni party and warm old friendships!!
ACCESS & Contact
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Keio Univerisity
Copyright © 2017 Omiya Lab. All rights reserved.